- Multi-material shell construction incorporating advanced poly-textile and stretch fabric for performance and comfort.
- Compatible with Alpinestars’ class-leading Tech-Air™ airbag system. The garment is designed with stretch gussets on the arm and sleeves to accommodate jacket’s inflated volume without compromising seam strength or material integrity. The jacket’s ergonomic design means that it can be worn without the airbag system for a versatile, personalized fit.
- For Tech-Air™ compatibility: - LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, plus internal conduit for system vest’s ECU. - Internal hook and loop grip closure fixings plus cable conduits in order to seamlessly accommodate airbag system.
- Integrated DRYSTAR® membrane for guaranteed levels of waterproofing and breathability.
- Accordion stretch inserts on back, elbow and upper arms help movement and comfort on the bike.
- Extensive stretch panels on under arms for further improved fit and feel.
- Hook and loop grip strap on waist adjustment for improved riding fit.
- Two zippered hand pockets for peace-of-mind storage of objects.
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- Embroidery logos and direct print graphic details.
- Zippered air intake vents are strategically positioned for optimized airflow when opened.
- Low profile collar construction with 3D textured comfort fabric on inner collar lining.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction reduces fatigue.
- Reflective details.
- Padded areas on front and back.
- Microfiber comfort edge on collar and cuffs.
- Front inner waterproof pocket.
- Chest pad and back compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars Level 1 Ce certified Nucleon chest and Level 2 Ce certified Nucleon back inserts available as accessory upgrade).
- Interior Level 1 CE-certified Bio Armor shoulder and elbow protectors.
- Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) external dual density TPU protectors on shoulders feature injection-molded shells foam padding for high levels coverage.
- The garment is CE certified 89/686/EEC.
Developed following more than 15 years of extensive R&D in class-leading airbag technology, starting in MotoGP and taking in over half a million miles of road testing, Tech-Air™ is the world’s first and only independent full body, dedicated airbag systems specifically designed to offer a rider protection from the first impact in an accident. Tech-Air™ uses a sophisticated algorithm to provide critical airbag protection for the first impact, meaning the primary contact between the rider and obstacles or vehicle. The system offers unparalleled freedom and versatility. With no connections between bike and rider both systems are completely independent, meaning a rider can have full upper body airbag protection on any motorbike, regardless of make or model. The Tech-Air™ Street system can be used for road and off-road adventure touring while Tech-Air™ Race can be used for performance track riding but also, via a system firmware swap, can be configured to run the Street settings for the ultimate in versatility.