- Upper constructed from innovative, abrasion-resistant microfiber material with a reinforcing leather panel over the toe-box. Microfiber main material offers high levels of water-resistance and durability and improved weight-saving performance. Material ensures consistent fit for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean.
- Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones made from lightweight microfiber for comfort, control and support.
- Anatomically profiled, high modulus polymer shin plate for superior impact and abrasion resistance. The contoured shin plate allows for greater range of fitment and features a Velcro® closure for a personalized and secure closure.
- New buckle closure system includes high-impact polymer and aluminum bridge closures with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
- High modulus calf plate is contoured to fit around calf and lateral leg and connects with shin plate to ensure all round protection and structural integrity.
- Innovative dual polymer blade system incorporated into calf and shin plates for excellent flex control as well as forward and rear control and support.
- Full‐length, sculpted rubber medial panel gives superb grip against the bike and is insulated with aluminum foil for improved heat resistance.
- Contoured tempered steel shank is over injected inside the mid‐sole assembly for rider safety and support.
- Extended soft polymer gaiter provides effective seal around the top of the boot, preventing excessive water and dirt entry.
- Low profile toe area for improved control and sensitivity in the shift area, plus replaceable TPU kick starter protection insert located on the right boot.
- Instep and Achilles flex zones for superior comfort, control and support.
- Stamped steel toe and heel guard for durability and protection of boot’s structure.
- Alpinestars exclusive high grip, dual density rubber outsole includes foot-peg area which is reinforced with hard polymer compound for durability and comfort. The outsole is fully replaceable.
- The TECH 8 RS Boot is CE certified.
- Full inner bootie is constructed with 3D breathable mesh plus synthetic material chassis for support, plus breathable textile lining on the ankle areas.
- Ankle features perforated soft comfort padding and incorporates adjustable shock absorbing gel inserts on the ankles. Gel inserts are replaceable.
- Dual compound, removable anatomic footbed features polymer forefoot plus EVA arch support and top textile lining for support and comfort.